Welcome to Cook 'n' Create: the weirdest and wackiest combination of food recipes around. Our mission is to get you to try new things and to feast on ingredients you probably never knew would go so well together. But here we are.
GOURMET EGGS ON TOAST
Love a savoury breakfast but sick of the usual eggs, avocado and spinach on toast? Look no further! We love a savoury breakfast, and this one has been perfectly crafted for your tastebuds! It's salty but a little sweet, it's smooth, and it really does melt in your mouth.
Ingredients (serves 1)
. 2 free range eggs
. 2 slices of wholemeal or multigrain toast
. 1/2 avocado
. 1/2 tsp minced garlic
. 1/2 tsp orange juice
. 1 tsp Dijon mustard
. 2 slices vegan cheese (I use the red Leicester style slices by the company "Sheese"
. A handful of baby spinach
. Pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
. Drizzle of olive oil
1. Heat olive oil on a medium heat in frypan.
2. Begin toasting bread in toaster or grill.
3. Mash up avocado with orange juice and garlic.
4. Fry eggs.
5. Build toast in this order; mustard (spread), smashed avocado (spread), spinach, cheese, fried egg.
6. Crack salt and pepper on top to taste.